It's a really long way
20.08.2013 - 22.08.2013
Well it's done!!!! Approximately 14,535km in 6 weeks and 4 days and I think I've deserved a rest
A few thoughts on the travel over the last couple of days:
- Over the past two and a half days, we have spent 36 hours driving, a couple more exploring and general stops for filling up, the rest has been spent trying to work out the best way to get comfortable in the car and still get some semblance of sleep - not easy
- Coober Pedy is a very interesting place, you should check the Opal Mine and Museum out. There is also a place on the outskirts of town where you can do a bit of fossicking for opals. To Leah's disappointment, she didn't find anything but we think that Micah may have, will need to get her little rock checked out
- Didn't follow the note to self and filled up at Caiguna instead of Cocklebiddie - stupid!!
- Some random WA place names not mentioned the first time but got the reminder again today - Ghooli, Boondi Rock and Doodlakine
- Have to now work out whether the beard is staying or going, if Leah has her way, it's off tonight hahaha
Would I do this again - I would say definitely not but the memories we have are going to be with us forever. Maybe when I'm retired, the kids are out of the house and I have a nice customised RV / Winnebago where sleeping isn't an issue, I might consider it. It definitely would take longer than 6.5 weeks that's for sure.
Thank you to all the people who have taken the time out to read mine and the kids blogs. I'm amazed at the number of views we have been getting each time.
Finally a big big big thank you to our wonderful families who have looked after us, helped us out when we needed it, we could not have done this without you. Much hugs and kisses